Warning: session_start(): Cannot find save handler 'memcache' - session startup failed in /home/amarillo/sites/water/index.php on line 2
Saving Water Indoors « Every Drop Counts
Saving Water Indoors
- Take shorter showers. You can save 3 gallons of water for every minute.
- Turn off the water while you brush your teeth or shave.
- Water plants with leftover dish or bath water or ice.
- Fix leaky faucets and pipes.
- Install water-efficient devices in the bathroom and kitchen.
- If you see a leaky plumbing fixture, notify the manager to please have it fixed.
- Use the sink garbage disposal sparingly or start a compost pile.
- Always keep water conservation in mind and find ways to save in the kitchen. Small savings add up in time.
- Take a shower instead of filling the tub and taking a bath.Showers with low-flow showerheads usually use less water than tub baths.
- If you do take baths, try reducing the level of the water being used in a bathtub by one or two inches.